Saturday, September 8, 2012

Music in the Classroom/First Week of School!

First week at my new school completed!

I am so exhausted.

I am at a private school for the first time.
I am teaching in England again, which I have not done on a regular basis since 2007.
I am back to full time which I have not done for several months.

Yep, it will take some time to get back in the swing of things.

I am never very patient as I get into the swing of things. 

My class is lovely, although the timetable is like nothing I've seen before. It's a bit to get used to. There is a lot of curriculum to get to know.



love these letters....think I may spread them out a bit more

this school does VCOP (Vocab, Connectives, Openers, Punctuation)

students add to the board with sticky notes during lessons



I thought it was going to be on the easy side because I'm not teaching Science, Math, Music or PE.

However, I'm teaching:
-English, Big Writing, History, Geography, DT (Design & Technology) and Gymnastics to my Year 5 class. 
When they are in other lessons, I teach:
-English, Big Writing and History to Year 6
-Guided Reading to Year 1 one day a week
-Geography to Year 4 one day a week
-RE (overview of religions) to Year 3 one day a week
-Gymnastics for Year 3-Year 6 all afternoon on Fridays!

I'm sure everything will fall into place, but I foresee my weekends to be filled with learning about World War 2, the Tudors, Rainforests, Judaism, Slipper-making (DT), and grading English papers.

What have I got myself into??!!  The headteacher and Governors did take me and the other new teacher down to the pub Friday after school which was a nice end to the week though.

On a brighter note, I added a Music in the Classroom tab (with a few links) to keep track of music I like to play in K-1 classrooms.......please click on the tab and have a look. I was inspired by several blogs that have done posts about music recently.

What music do you like to play in your classroom? 

4 comments:

Tammy said...

I've been so busy I've hardly looked at other blogs. I'm sorry to have missed out on what you've been up to. Congrats on your first full week!
❀ Tammy
Forever in First

Jen Willis said...

I couldn't manage your schedule....woah it's crazy! Bless you and good luck!! The room looks great:)

Renee S said...

Holy Moly...That sounds Busy!! You are pretty much teaching every grade!

Kelli said...

Hi Tammy-great to hear from you. Thanks for the congrats.....it was definitely a different experience! Hope your year is off to a good start! I will be stopping by your blog later today.

Hi Miss Willis-how are you? Thanks for stopping by! How's your year going? I really enjoy your blog by the way : )

Yes, Renee.....it is more than I expected! But the kids are great which helps!