Thursday, June 28, 2012

British classrooms #3 and Olympics website!

Hello!!

A warm day here in London, but that is fine by me (I just miss air-conditioning!)......I am currently watching Wimbledon on TV and wondering how I could get some tickets for cheap (is that possible?!) as these games are being played just down the street! Crazy!

Anyway, as schools go until the end of July here, with a September start, schools are full of Olympics activities. I took a few pictures (preschool classes). Perhaps you will see some ideas you can adapt. I found a great website from these classes: www.twinkl.co.uk (no 'e' for twinkle). There are many {free} Olympics resources there, as well as many other things as well.




Here are some {FREE} resources I really like from www.twinkl.co.uk







I particularly liked the flags as I noticed students discussed colors, positions ('red stripe at the top') and had to look carefully to sort the flags.

A few other randoms bits:



Hope things are going well for you! What's your favorite Olympic sport to watch?

Kelli xx

3 comments:

Tammy said...

I can't imagine living down the street from Wimbledon. That would be my all time favorite sporting event. I'd love to make it there some day. Sigh.

❀ Tammy
Forever in First

Heidi said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog :) I think it is neat that you have taught all over the place. That would be so neat being so close to Wimbledon. How fun. Thanks for sharing the Olympics resources :)

Heidi
My (Not So) Elementary Life

Bright Concepts 4 Teachers said...

How exciting to have the Olympics happening in your home town! I have an Olympic glyph up at my TpT store that goes great with your theme. Enjoy the games!
-Jaime
Bright Concepts 4 Teachers