Saturday, January 14, 2012

Versatile Blogger Award and some INSPIRATION!


Wow!!! Thank you Haley, at Following Optimism! She nominated me for the Versatile Blogger award--I am so pleased!!

Here are the rules:

1. Thank the person who gave it to you.
Thank you Haley.

2. Share 7 things about myself.
-I met my husband when I was backpacking through Europe.
-I played the piano and had one put in my room my first year of teaching. Needless to say, I had it moved out by January because there was never time to play it (Did I think it was Leave it to Beaver days or what?!)
-I have been living like a gypsy for many years now and I CANNOT wait to settle in a bit (soon!) and decorate/organize our flat (apartment) and maintain a routine that now excludes the army!
-I got completely hooked into yoga about 18 months ago (soooo good for my bad back and anxious mind!)
-I hate it when people don't follow the rules! (speeding when driving, lying, cheating, etc) This really gets under my skin---why do some people think rules don't apply to them?
-my mom is my everything.......she is everything that is good and sweet in this world. I look up to her tremendously and tear up when I think about the wonderful influence she has had on me.
-my dream job would be to work on a documentary that compares/contrasts school systems around the world (my 2 favorites: different cultures & education!)

3. Pass this award on to 15 other bloggers who deserve such a great award!









A Teacher and a Blog


I would love to add more, but this rickety, ancient computer is going so slow and keeps shutting down!

So I will end with a blog that I am O-B-S-S-E-S-S-E-D with and share some pins from her site:


The Teacher Wife

Pinned Image
even and odd street-so cute!

Pinned Image
I am now convinced I must have all her posters and anchor charts : )
Pinned Image
fact families
Pinned Image
she put sheet metal on her wall which is magnetic!!

And, in a word, I desribe her classroom as heaven.  I.love.it.




I'm off to bed finally! Have a great weekend!

Kelli

4 comments:

Tammy said...

I so agree about rules. Sometimes I have to bite my tongue. :) By the way, Amsterdam or Berlin?

Tammy
Forever in First

Kristin said...

Congrats on the award!
I love the Teacher Wife. I understand the obsession. Completely.
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Owls and Lessons, Etc. said...

You are welcome! So glad I could pass it along to an awesome blog! I enjoy your blog and I think it is so cool to be able to teach and travel around the world!

Haley
followingoptimism.blogspot.com

Miss Russell said...

Awesome blog! I'm looking forward to following your travels and teaching ideas. Follow my blog if you get the chance!